Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Nutella Ki Baat Hai

After a two week hiatus, I opened the Nutella jar to make a sandwich. IT WAS EMPTY! How could that be? I never put an empty jar back in the pantry!

I asked M if she had the last of the Nutella. Nope she said! Its been ages since she touched Nutella. After much moaning and pacing I asked M again. Nope she insisted! "Besides, its too sweet for me." She is not much into sweets and my stacks of Indian mithai are safe. But M does have an exquisite craving for chocolate and hazelnut, and our stores of Swiss chocolate recede steadily. (I got those just for her.) After additional pacing around the house, I asked again with my practiced, 'lie and you rot in hell' look (btw, we guys don't have the genes for this). Not even bothering to look up from her newspaper, she responds, "maybe there is a mouse in the house."

A mouse!

Ghar mein ek chuva hai
ya daal mein kuch kaala hai!

No comments: