Sunday, April 30, 2006

Spring Flowers: Hyacinths and Tulips


These tiny grape hyacinths are the most abundant in my yard, and pop up in every nook and cranny. With blooms only a couple of inches tall, they get overlooked amongst the brilliantly proud tulips. Also because they are so tiny, they pose a particular challenge to photograph. I planned this composition for weeks, even before the tulips had started to bud, and crossed my fingers that by the time the tulips bloomed, the hyacinths would still be around.

On thursday as I walked home, the diffuse light of the setting sun wrapped this patch in a magical glow. I had to press my cheek to the pavement to have the tulips in the frame. Out-of focus, the tulips don't steal the show. Lest they throw tantrums, I got a few pics of them too. Enjoy!

2. Daffodils, hyacinths and a glowing bush provide the backdrop


3. Duet on a spring evening!


Mirrored from my primary blog:
http://arunshanbhag.livejournal.com

No comments: